In recent years, businesses started to invest more time and money on technology, whether this investment was translated in advanced infrastructure, cloud storage, data management software, online marketing, customer service, e- business, e-commerce, online applications or phy-gital goods and services the main objectives behind this investment are increasing productivity and business efficiency, saving cost and generating higher sales and profits.
Some industries are very fast in adapting latest technological advancements in order to improve the way they do business, as they have no other choice, while other industries are still catching up. Talking about our fun packed industry, players in the toy industry have been witnessing great adaptation of technology to stay ahead of this trend. Great examples are: 1.Online retail 2.The use of online marketing & social media 3.Leveraging the power of YouTube and short videos 4.Developments of toys connected to smart phones 5.3D Printing etc. However are we exactly on the top of the trend? Well I believe we are still on the way!
Hence, in this post I would like to share various ways in which players in the business of play can leverage technological advancements to gain a competitive edge, my focus will be on marketing and customer service aspects with minimum focus on other elements that include telecommuting, admin, productivity, security and research capacity.
- Build an informative easy to navigate website
- Use social media to promote your business and communicate with your customers
- Use marketing automation tools to increase productivity and save cost
- Gather data base and leverage the power of email marketing
- Advertise your business online
- Sell your products online
- Capitalize on search engine optimization
- Leverage website analytics to better understand your customers
- Use mobile marketing (text messages, mobile advertising, branded apps)
- Provide an easy user friendly website to your customers
- Offer FAQ page to answer the most asked questions by your customers
- Offer live chat service
- Build online community forum, you will be surprised how customers can help each others even before their question reach your customer service staff!
- Collect feedback through online feedback forms
- Offer online payment services
- Conduct conference calls to save time and money while doing business effectively and efficiently
Productivity, Security, and Research Capacity
- Use clouds to store, share and access data wherever you are
- Go paperless to save money and look trendier
- Use technology to protect important data and keep it away from competition
- Reach new places and view new opportunities using online resources instead of consistently paying for flights or taking a risky decision to invest abroad
From all the above tips, you can choose the right way to use technology in order to further enhance the business, generate more money and save on your resources.