Instagram one of the hottest social media platforms available nowadays, this marketing channel has become a very powerful business tool to all savvy marketers who strive to grow their business and their audience. And while some companies are aware of the fact that mobile media consumption has surpassed online, thus they are fully utilizing this platform and enjoying its great benefits, others are still catching on. So if you are still not on Instagram (or maybe you are but your are not very active) then this article is for you!
Here are some important numbers shown in the below diagram which prove this brilliant application to be more than a quick trend:
Nowadays 86 of the top 100 brands have an account on Instagram (92% of luxury brands that post 5.5 times/week increased their customer base). Moreover, recent studies showed that people are 58 times more likely to comment, like or even share a brand’s post than Facebook users and are 120 times more likely than Twitter users, hence, making Instagram a great engagement and word of mouth platform for businesses.
Still making your mind, here are 5 additional reasons why you should be on Instagram:
1. A picture is worth 1000 words; an application which is based on visual posts, Instagram offers its users (individuals & businesses) a platform to share visual content (stories, experiences, happy moments, product images, company’s history, etc.) and as we all know visual content is the king. This great feature made Instagram an easy app to use, more fun and the posts get shared quickly. Marketers understand the power of visual marketing so Instagram is a great marketing tool to introduce a new product or service to customers in a more fun and engaging way.
2. Be where your target market is; in most of my marketing articles or tips I emphasize on the concept “Be Where Your Target Market (Family & Kids) is”. Both kids and parents are spending long hours on multiple social media platforms giving businesses a solid reason to be on social media too! And as mentioned in the beginning of the article, recent studies show that people are 58 times more likely to like, comment and share your post than Facebook users and 120 times more likely than Twitter users. This is just so powerful and awesome!
3. Connect with your audience on a personal level; both as a user and marketer I have to mention that Instagram does offer this brilliant opportunity to connect with brands on more intimate level. The marketing teams behind brands engage with fans by commenting on their photos, inviting them to try their new offerings and sometimes sharing fans’ posts which, make users feel appreciated and loved at a different and deeper level. Furthermore, on Instagram users have the chance to see the other side of the business, example: "behind the scene photos, before and after, brand’s history, etc.", another nice feature also is that customers and fans can tag brands (or use popular hash tag) when using specific products or can tag locations if they visited restaurants/ shops/ malls etc. You count the endless possibilities.
Magic Planet Account Page On Instagram
4. Leverage the power of influencers; well known personalities/ celebrities, famous athletes, bloggers have huge number of followers (some which are active and others not), nevertheless, at this time most brands use influencers to reach their audience faster, with one post by a well known person the post can have hundreds/ thousands of likes in few minutes depending on how popular your influencer is, yet still the time is so quick, and the message is reached, awareness is created and the post might be shared.
5. Make use of user generated content; Instagram allows companies to access fans' content and repost it, thus incorporating user-generated content to their own marketing strategies. Many companies use tags, hashtags and competitions to have their users submit content to them hitting 2 birds with one stone; the fan shared a post about the brand and the brand reused the post as part of their Instagram content.
An example of UGC (User Generated Content) is Belkin Lego iPhone Case:
Belkin created one of the coolest, most customizable iPhone cases in a partnership with Lego that had Lego studs on the back of the case. Belkin asked their customers to showoff their creativity and how each one personalized their case by tagging their Instagram photos with #LEGOxBelkin.
As an overview, Instagram is an extremely cost effective social media platform that helps businesses expand their reach and grow their audience. It also allows fans to connect with brands at personal and intimate level contributing to building loyalty, creating word of mouth while leveraging the power of visual marketing and supporting brands in creating user generated content. And the coolest thing ever is that Instagram is just so easy to use and full of fun, literally loads of fun in there (whenever my family members/ friends / colleagues see me smiling at my phone, they curiously ask: “whom am are you speaking to, you look so happy and engaged”, and my usual answer is: “oh no, not what you think, that’s just Instagram!”). So today join the top 100 international brands, open your account now, leverage the power of Instagram and have some fun while growing your business!