1. Manufacturers can leverage inventor nomination with press releases, facebook posts and tweets that promote them/their products. Tell the story of your nominated inventors.
2. Retailers can hold inventor autograph signings of nominated inventors – Drive traffic to your stores.
3. Designers of a nominated inventor’s product can promote their contribution, helping drive sales.
4. We have retained a national pr agency to promote the top nominated inventors nationally. This means your inventors, hence your products, will receive media coverage in time for the holidays.
We all know how important play is to our culture and to our development as human beings. Without the creators of the very games that drive this culture, where would we be? The creators of successful toys and games SHOULD be recognized for their contributions.
Actors have Emmys and Oscars
Singers have Grammies.
Writers have Pulitzer, Edgar, Newberry, Hugo and more
Chefs have their restaurants and a plethora of food shows, awards, books, columns, etc.
You have heard me say many times that inventors are no different from these other artists. The creative processes are similar and they can help us fight for the consumer’s entertainment dollar.
That’s exactly why we created the Toy & Game Inventor of the Year Awards (TAGIE Awards) – To recognize toy and game inventors from around the world responsible for some of today’s hottest products, as well as those inventor greats who have stood out in the eyes of their toy industry colleagues for their exceptionally innovative spirit of creativity or humanitarianism.
Our fourth annual TAGIE Awards Dinner will be held in Chicago on November 18th. Once again, the venue is the Museum of Science and Industry, all decked out for 2011 in Seussical splendor – from the private showing of the museum’s Dr. Seuss exhibit to the 40-foot high holiday tree to the whimsically delicious menu.
The TAGIEs sold out last year and people said we couldn’t top it … but we are! This is a year not to be missed!
All toy industry professionals, including manufacturers, retailers, designers, etc., are invited to submit nominations at www.tagieawards.com. Nominations must be received by September 20, 2011. Award nominations will be tallied, with top nominees voted on by the general public beginning October 1, 2011.
The five nomination categories include:
• Excellence in Toy Design
• Excellence in Game Design
• Rising Star Inventor of the Year
• Young Inventor of the Year
• Excellence in Electronic Adaptation (new this year)
Other TAGIE award honorees will include Lifetime Achievement Award Honoree Burt Meyer, Hassenfeld Humanitarian Award Honoree Torquil Norman, and Excellence in Character Creation Award Honoree Theodor Seuss Geisel, aka Dr. Seuss.
A HUGE thank you to our sponsors, without whom we could not put on this fabulous event: Hasbro (Presenting Sponsor), Spin Master, Hassenfeld Family Initiatives, LeapFrog, Zobmondo!, Joyce Johnson Designs, Oxford Games, Patch Products, and others.
So, nominate your favorite inventors now and we hope to see you in November!
(Pictures from 2010 TAGIE Awards: crystal TAGIE Award, master of ceremonies Tim Walsh opens the awards, TAGIE 2009 Lifetime Achievement Honoree Reuben Klamer toasts his colleague and friend Eddy Goldfarb, recipient of the 2010 TAGIE Lifetime Achievement Award.